Give your kids a head start in life!
Help awaken their senses, develop coordination, motors skills, discipline, rhythm and more!
Now registering for WEDNESDAY at 4:30PM sessions. Limited space available.
***** Call 520-990-1820 or contact us here to reserve your spot *****
In this 45-minute class, kids work on coordination, balance, attention span, social skills and rhythm through fun Capoeira games and exercises. Parents are welcome to participate with their children in the activities. Classes are held in a safe and friendly environment with safety equipment and musical instruments. Ages 3-5.
How old does my child need to be to start Capoeira?
- In our Mini Capoeira classes we accept children from ages 3-5. .
What does the class consist of?
- Mini Capoeira is a 45 minute class where children will develop their coordination, balance, attention span, social skills and rhythm through fun Capoeira games and exercises. Parents are welcome to participate with their children in the activites. Classes are held in a safe and friendly environment with safety equipment and musical instruments.
The involvement with Capoeira awakens the musical, physical, artistic and creative sides of the children who practice in this art form. Capoeira is one of he best ways for children to develop mind, body and strength. In addition to the benefits above, Capoeira helps to build a strong and positive character and personality through self-expression in a fun and playful environment.
Benefits for Children
Physical & Health Education
- Valuable self-defense skills
- Cardio-vascular fitness
- Complete body training
- Improves motor coordination
- Increases flexibility through stretching and breathing exercises
- Improves stamina
- Weight management
- Learn healthy eating habits
- Introduction to the Portuguese language
- Exposure to new cultural ideas, foods and traditions
- Brazilian history
- Exposure to traditional dances, songs and music
Social and Emotional Health
- Increases self-esteem
- Builds character
- Improves anger management skills
- Builds self-confidence
- Teaches patience, self-discipline and respect
- Builds a sense of community
- Increases attention
- Learn goal-setting skills
- Learn to play musical instruments
- Learning traditional musical rhythms
- Dance skills